The Most Important Thing Is Love.

The importance of having love in all that we do is emphasized in a modern song, entitled, "Witness": "I witnessed to a man today. I witnessed to his wife. I told them 'bout the way and I told them 'bout the life. I told them that they needed to surrender to the Lord. I told them 'bout the power of His double-edged sword. I witnessed to a drunkard outside a tenement. I told him he was shameful and he needed to repent. I witnessed to a blind men beggin' money on the street. I put a tract into his cup and did not miss a beat. I passed out all the tracts with all the Scripture underlined. I handed one to each and every one that I could find. I'd shove one in their hands and I'd walk on to the next. I must have reached a hundred souls with my salvation text. I gave out little Bibles, with the Gospel of St. John, into a hundred hands before my Bibles were all gone. I told each one I met the words of John3 verse 16, and sandwiched in a little bit of Matthew in between. I finished out the day and yet I was not satisfied. And, on my way back home, it hit me, and I almost cried. I'd given them the message and I'd given them a little shove, but I'd missed the most important thing. I had not given love." (from Chuck Girard's album, "The Stand).